Schwab encourages employees to consider eco-friendly commuting options.
Schwab offers a Commuter Tax Savings Plan, administered by WageWorks®, which allows employees to pay for public transportation using pre-tax dollars. In parts of the country, Schwab is aggressively implementing a Trip Reduction Program to discourage individual car use and encourage employees’ use of alternate modes of transportation.
Other commuting measures include:
- Guaranteed Ride Home (paid cab ride home for unplanned emergencies)
- Preferential parking for carpools and vanpools
- Bike parking
- Support of Annual Bike to Work Day
- Employee Commuter Alternative Awareness Fairs
- Employee telework opportunities for qualified employees