Schwab Intern Academy
Schwab Intern Academy provides college juniors and seniors and graduate students the opportunity to experience Schwab's culture of service while challenging themselves through a structured blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects.
Allison shares her story
"I chose Schwab because of the friendly and collaborative work environment that I saw here as an intern. I knew that Schwab was the right place for me to start my career."
Allison Healy, software development engineer at Schwab
Allison Healy: Hi! I’m Allison. I was an intern at Charles Schwab in 2016, and I’m now a full-time software development engineer. I chose Schwab because of the friendly and collaborative work environment that I saw here as an intern. I knew that Schwab was the right place for me to start my career. But that’s my Schwab story—what’s yours?
The Nine-Week Schwab Intern Academy
- Offers a meaningful summer experience by working on real business projects that help us meet our clients' needs
- Provides a holistic, cohesive, and structured blend of business-specific experiences (tracks) and a shared learning curriculum (cohorts)
- Business tracks are meaningful projects that contribute to Schwab's success
- Cohort groups meet together to learn about Schwab's purpose, brand, and our focus on client advocacy and community service; Schwab's values, culture, and why this is a great place to work; individual strengths and how to leverage those strengths in a professional environment; how to spend, manage, and invest your money wisely; and how to plan your career journey
- Cohorts perform many group activities together, including real Schwab business case development and volunteering in the community
- Each Schwab intern is supported by a direct leader and human resource professionals, and also has connections with senior leaders
We look for intern candidates who are optimistic, driven, curious, innovative and adaptable and who believe in the value of partnership. Candidates must also be current college or graduate school students. Strong preference is given to those who will graduate within 12 months of the internship.
The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy includes tracks such as Client Services, Compliance and Legal Services, Corporate Risk, Finance, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Investor Services, Marketing, Retirement Plan Services, Retirement Business Services, and Technology.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time hiring upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Planned graduation between December 2019 and May–June 2020
- Ability to work full time and on-site at Schwab during the nine-week program, from June 10–August 9, 2019
- Specific skills as needed by Business Track
Check our recruiting events calendar for opportunities to meet our recruiters in person.
Meet our intern alumni
Learn more about working at Schwab from past interns who were offered full-time positions with Schwab following graduation. Explore what it’s like to work with these Schwabbies and others like them at #myschwabstory and #SchwabLife.
Taji - Austin, TXRead Taji's story
Nikolas - Austin, TXRead Nikolas's story
Melissa - Austin, TXRead Melissa's story
Matthew - Austin, TXRead Matthew's story
Jason - Austin, TXRead Jason's story
Garrett - Richfield, OHRead Garrett's story
Christopher - Austin, TXRead Cristopher's story
Callum - Austin, TXRead Callum's story
Brandon - Denver, CORead Brandon's story
Amy - Austin, TXRead Amy's story
Allison - Austin, TXRead Allison's story